




This months artist I chose trying to be festive for the winter season. Andy Goldsworthy. He is a very interesting artist who uses nature to create his art. Here are a selection of his works that he made out of only snow, ice and his bare hands. Its really beautiful I think. I showed my drawing students a video of his work and so many of them could no comprehend spending so much time creating something that would be destroyed shortly after its completion, but that is part of the concept behind the work, it has a cycle, a life and death.
So next time you are out in the snow, try making one of these :)
4 comments:
Laurie, you're going to be so proud of me! I totally knew who the artist was before you even said it. It probably helped that I did a whole project on him during college :) I love looking at his work. He uses such simple elements to make amazing things.
I've always really loved this stuff. But that's not why I'm posting: Rumor has it that you're home, and I would LOVE to see you...
I could create a Snow Penguin for you if you would like! Now that would be art! Just kidding, this is actually pretty cool.
This really is breathtaking, isn't it? He is so amazing! I am surpised at the feelings these invoke. I like the theme of continuity in something that is so temporary.
Post a Comment