Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Thoughts on Pregnancy- Round 2
Its that time again....I am now at 31 weeks and that means I am in the single digit countdown until this baby joins our family. As you can tell from the above image, I have gotten a lot bigger this time. Although I think I have roughly gained the same amount of weight so far. You can also tell by the above picture that I have issues with taking good pictures of myself.
I thought it would be good for me to document a little about my thoughts on this pregnancy. It has been such a completely different experience than my pregnancy with Thomas. For one thing, I don't have much time to think about it! And I have a lot less concerns or fears about the childbirth and pregnancy in general so I haven't read any books or done anything much to prep myself for this baby. It also seemed to me that with my last pregnancy other people talked about my pregnancy much more as well, so It was just a constant topic of conversation. This was true from family members to strangers. I don't think I have gotten any comments from strangers or random people this go around...yet!
It has been different not knowing the gender of the baby as well. Sometimes I lay in bed at night while the baby is wiggling around and think (often out loud), "Baby? Who are you? What are you like?" Well as this baby's mother one thing I can sense is that this baby has a very calm spirit. It is not nearly as active as Thomas was, although now that it is getting bigger the movements are quite obvious. Thomas will rest his head on my belly and say, "Baby???? WHERE ARE YOU?" He hasn't felt it kick yet, mostly because that kid doesn't sit still for long enough to wait for it. But I do think he has a general understanding of things. He is not that keen on seeing my bare belly though. When he comes in our bed in the morning and my shirt is over my belly he says, "Mama! Close it! Close it!" He cracks me up. I know Thomas is going to be such a great big brother. He is a very sweet and loving little boy and he genuinely likes babies. He has a great leadership personality and tries hard to be a good boy. And while I am very very excited for the moment I get to meet this little baby, I can't hardly wait to be a witness to Thomas meeting the baby for the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are good insights. It is true. There is nothing like the first baby and the first pregnancy, but then there is nothing like the second. Each is such a unique experience. I never was good at being pregnant since I felt sick all the time, but all of those cute babies were totally worth it.
Now that you are adults, I'm so grateful that I went through what I did to get you all here!
I can't wait to meet this year's Allred model!
I think we talked about pregnancy a lot more last time around since we were both pregnant at the same time...plus, I wasn't working. I've been a lousy communicator with just about everybody since I started working!
You are a super cute pregnant gal, and don't you forget it!
Post a Comment