Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Bump



My first official documentation of my ever expanding waistline. Here I am at 17 weeks pregnant. I look like I just came out of the Chuch-A-Rama. Ha ha. My mother has been asking me for a picture of my belly so this one is for her! Too bad this isn't the end! Wouldn't that be nice if we only had to gain 5 pounds and give birth to a babies the size of avocados? Oh well I am happy to let my belly get bigger for Baby A. One of the funniest moments of my pregnancy was the first time I noticed I was showing. Its weird, because it was just like one day my belly poked out. I was asleep and very groggy on the couch, and pretty much out of it. Clint woke me up so I could go sleep in the bed. ( For those of you who know me, you know I can say and do very strange and often times violent things when I am woken from a slumber) Anyway, in a state of delirium, I said, "My baby HATES me!" Clint said, "What is the matter? Are you feeling nauseous? " To which I replied, "No! the baby is making me fat!" Clint, in his best attempt to reason with me, said in a very serious voice, " Honey! Listen to me! You are not getting fat. Your uterus is a muscle and it is expanding...." I think he may have continued talking scientific facts about the uterus.... Anyway I think I just looked at him like, "What in the world are you talking about?!" Clint doesn't understand that you can't reason with a woman with an expanding waistline. :)


So far the pregnancy is going ok.... except for the fact that I have pneumonia and have been sick for nearly three weeks now. Being pregnant + pneumonia is not a winning combination. But baby is growing right on schedule. Only a few more weeks and we will know if its a boy or a girl....stay tuned!

7 comments:

Mark, Stacy, & Jack said...

You look great! I wouldn't even know you were pregnant. It's funny how big your belly seems at the time and then in a few months you'll look back and realize you weren't even that big at all. Then you get even bigger then you think you can, it's a great process and totally amazing. Sorry to hear you are sick-that is no fun at all. Are you still working? totally excited to see you guys ina few weeks.

Mallory Fielding said...

You look so cute. I officially feel like a slacker since I have posted NO baby pictures on my blog. I love how Clint tried to make you feel better with science!! Lincoln tells me all the time that I am not fat, I am pregnant. It still doesn't help me feel any skinnier. I am so excited for you guys. I am so sorry you are sick. I don't think it gets any better. I am up right now at 5 AM and I have been up for hours due to my allergies and sinus. I think it is really my bodies way of getting used to being up with the baby. I hope you get better soon. Let me know if you need anything!

Joey said...

Thanks for showing your baby to me. BTW, I can attest to everything you said about how weird you are when someone wakes you up. Clint is a brave man to even try to reason with you.

Keep in bed as much as you can. Pneumonia is really hard to shake and you don't want to stretch it out.

Love you and baby lots!!!

Sarah said...

Cute, cute sister. Your baby bump is adorable. I hope you feel better soon. Pneumonia is NOT fun, I can tell you that from experience!

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

I love your bump! And I like the avocado idea...I have far surpassed that. It looks like I have a beach ball under my shirt and a little bit of a fat suit everywhere else. Oh well. It's all worth it! Hope you feel better soon.

Nicole M said...

Laurie, you are SO funny! I love your stories...miss having you as my roommate in college :) I could totally see you being half asleep when you said your baby hates you, haha! If it makes a difference, you look DARLING with your little baby bump!! I love it!

Bethany Haeseler said...

congratulations!!! :-)