Saturday, March 29, 2008

A not so rare siting of the Northern Fugg


According to my friend Chris, this is a nation wide, perhaps even world wide specimen, although it wasn't until I moved to the Midwest that I saw them up close and personal and at a high frequency. Ugg boots tucked into sweatpants paired with preferably a northface sweatshirt or jacket. At any given moment, clusters of these creatures can be spotted on the campus of The Ohio State University. Being a proponent for the right for any creature to thrive in their natural habitat, I am hesitant to raise awareness of this phenomena, but my fashionable sensibilities can't take it anymore! Perhaps its no worse then the Utah duck-butt hair styles, but all I am asking is for a world where people take time to get out of their pajamas in the morning and make an attempt to look decent.

Are there any major "fashion" trends that urk you guys?

6 comments:

Nicole M said...

That is super funny. I don't want to stereotype or anything but I'm going to anyways...midwest folks love to be comfy and that's all that matters! I know because my family lived in Chicago suburbs. A fashion thing that always bugged me was socks with sandles...bad news. Always saw that at BYU unfortunately!

Mama Snow said...

Hmmmm! My only comment is that the only excuse to dress so bad is, you must have to be a mother. You should take some pics of my daily clothes and post them......I bet you would get a lot of feed back. If you run out of post ideas I give you permission....as long as you smudge my face off too, Just Kidden!
You need to post more, your posts make me laugh so hard!

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

Laurie you are so funny! I miss your guts! You need to get away from all those Fuggs and come visit me in Arizona!!

Kat said...

Hey Laurie!!! Thanks for leaving me a comment! It's fun to hear from you and even more fun to check out your blog! You are awesome, I love your commentary. I'm glad you're enjoying grad school. You're wondering what you are going to do afterward? Well, I went ahead and popeed a baby out four weeks after completing the degree so unless you want to get knocked up, I don't have much advice! :) Anyway, I'm glad we're keeping in touch!

Amy said...

emo!! I worked with teens for a year and all they would do is compare how "emo" they were and argue about what a "true" emo was!

Ranteumptom said...

I concede that the Uggs and sweatpants look might afflict the Eastern half of the nation more than the West, but it’s more of a demographic affliction than a geographic one. It’s college girls and women who believe themselves to be college girls. Both the blogosphere (where people across the nation have voiced similar complaints to your own) and Will Farrell (who wears Uggs and leggings during the closing number of his comedy tour) support this point.